Phlebotomy Technician Program Summary
The Phlebotomy Technician Program consists of 64 hours of lecture and lab hours. This diploma based program meets twice a week for four-hour sessions over an 8-week period. The Phlebotomy Technician program provides instruction in the skills needed for the proper collection of blood and other specimens used for diagnostics testing. Emphasis is placed on ethics, legalities, clinical safety, and mastering difficult draws. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate competence in the theoretical comprehension of phlebotomy techniques, demonstrate accepted professional communication and interpersonal skills, discuss phlebotomy in relation to the health care setting; identify the anatomic structure and function of the body systems in relation to services performed by a phlebotomist, practice accepted procedures for transporting, processing specimens, and practice infection control following expanded precaution protocol. Students are provided with a NCCA certification exam to become certified and recognized as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
The Phlebotomy Technician Program includes the following courses:
- PHE 101: Fundamentals of Phlebotomy
- LPD 101: Leadership and Professional Development
- Collecting, transporting, handling and processing blood specimens for analysis
- Recognizing the importance of specimen collection in the overall patient care system
- Utilize a working knowledge of the circulatory system
- Identifying and selecting equipment, supplies and additives used in blood collection
- Recognizing factors that affect specimen collection procedures and test results, and taking appropriate actions within predetermined limits, when applicable
- Recognizing and adhering to infection control and safety policies and procedures
- Monitoring quality control within predetermined limits
- Recognizing the various components of the health care delivery system
- Recognizing the responsibilities of other laboratory and health care personnel and interacting with them with respect for their jobs and patient care
- Demonstrating professional conduct, stress management, interpersonal and communication skills with patients, peers, and other healthcare personnel and with the public
- Apply basic principles to learn new techniques and procedures
- Have an opportunity to gain a national certification as a Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) with the NCCA
Students who decide to cancel within three business days exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays after the date of signing an enrollment agreement will be refunded all monies paid within 30 days of cancellation. All supplies and books must be returned in like-new condition to receive a full refund of all monies paid. If Bell-Brown Institute cancels the program, all payments made by the student, including the registration, book, and supply fees will be fully refunded within 7 days. Refund Policy Refunds are calculated for students who withdraw or are terminated from Bell-Brown Institute prior to the completion of their program and are based on tuition and fees according to the schedule set forth below. Students who cancel within 3 business days of enrollment will get a full refund of all monies paid, including registration fees. When a student withdraws from the school after their scheduled program has begun, he/she should complete and submit a student withdraw from with the Chief Academic Officer. Refunds will be released to the student or third-party payer and will be calculated by the following formula: First three days after the start of a program – A student terminating training within three business days of signing the enrollment agreement will receive a refund of all monies paid, including registration fees. After three days – A student terminating training after three business days of signing enrollment agreement will receive a refund of 75% of all monies paid excluding the registration fee.
After 25% – A student terminating training after completing over 25% of the program after signing the enrollment agreement but within 50% of the period, will receive a refund of 50% of all monies paid, excluding the registration fee. After 50% – A student completing 50% or more of the program after signing enrollment agreement may be eligible to be refunded the cost of national certifications given that the student withdraws before the exam registration date. However, monies paid towards tuition, fees, and cost of supplies and books will not be refunded. The NHA and American Red Cross certification cost is included in the cost of each program, however, a full refund will be made in situations when a student has paid in full but withdraws before the testing registration date regardless of withdraw date.
There is no charge for the regular processing and mailing of transcripts upon written authorization of the student. Requests for a printed official transcript can be made with the school’s Chief Executive Officer by completing a Transcript Request form
Our mission is to raise the standard of career options in the community by providing well-trained and highly skilled support professionals. We are dedicated to empowering individuals with the knowledge and practical training needed for a successful career in the growing and rewarding fields of healthcare. Bell-Brown Medical Institute is a private institution of higher learning. We are dedicated to providing the comprehensive education and training necessary to prepare students for employment and advancement in a variety of high-demand positions within the healthcare field. Bell- Brown Medical Institute strives on a continuing basis to:
- Ensure an exceptional level of performance among healthcare professionals by offering -quality allied health programs
- Preserve the quality of our programs to ensure that student’s educational instruction is communicated well and understood fully
- Strengthen educational requirements by auditing then improving policies, processes and procedures on a evolutionary basis
- Assist students in professional soft skill training and career opportunities to ensure placement into the healthcare field after graduation
Core Values In pursuit of Bell-Brown Medical Institute’s vision and mission, the quality of service will be guided by: Excellence: We are committed to excellence by creating a learning culture that integrates experienced instructors with ongoing professional development.
Integrity: We display this personally, and professionally, and in our commitment to promote patient care and safety.
Accountability: We create comprehensive, energetic learning environments focused on the needs of our diverse communities. Teamwork: We work in harmony with others towards the same vision.
All Applicants must submit their High School Diploma, Transcripts, (from an accredited high school) or high school equivalency, be 17 years of age or older, and government-issued photo identification.
Tue/Thurs Evening Phlebotomy 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM 8 weeks
|Class Start Date|
|October 15, 2019
|December 10, 2019|
|February 18, 2020
|April 14, 2020
|June 9, 2020
|August 4, 2020
|September 29, 2020
|November 24, 2020